How to make a car insurance claim
How to make a claim
If you need to report a claim, you must report it as soon as possible and call our helpline on
0333 321 9800.
We will be more than happy to help and will talk you through your claim details and inform you on the next steps to take. It will help us process your claim more easily if you can have the following information to hand:
- Date of the incident
- Time of the incident
- Location of the incident
- Telephone number, name and addresses of parties involved and their vehicle registration number(s), if known
- Details of how the loss occurred e.g. accident, fire, theft, etc.
- Photographic evidence (if possible)
Important Points to remember
- Do not admit that you are responsible, or make any offer, promise of payment without written permission from your insurer.
- Send your insurer written details as soon as possible after any accident, injury, loss or damage, including any correspondence received from a third party.
- Send your insurer, unanswered, any letter or other communication as soon as you receive it from anyone else involved.
- Immediately tell your insurer about any prosecution, coroner's inquest or fatal accident inquiry involving any person covered by this insurance.
- Give your insurer all the information and help we need to ensure we deal with your claim as quickly as possible.